- 240g wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 175ml skimmed milk
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 60g pitted dates, chopped
- 35 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Less than 1
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cases.
- Add the flour, baking powder and sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the banana, eggs, milk and oil. Add the banana mixture and dates to the flour mixture and stir, being careful not to over-mix.
- Distribute evenly among the paper cases and bake for 20–25 minutes, until well risen and cooked through. Cool on a wire tray.
Adding chopped nuts to the recipe will boost your energy intake. Walnuts work particularly well.