- 250g vacuum-packed cooked beetroots
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- Small handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- In a food processor, blend the beetroot and chickpeas until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and most of the mint and pulse to combine.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining mint.
- Serve with crudites, pitta bread or breadsticks.
This dip works well as a side for chicken or scooped into a salad