- 2 x 120g fresh salmon fillets, skinned and boned
- 1–2 teaspoons dried Cajun spice mix
- 100g dried wholemeal pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼–½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional, to taste)
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons water
- 160g baby leaf spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Dust the top of each salmon fillet with the Cajun spice mix.
- Place the salmon under a medium-high grill for 4–5 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Turn the fish over and grill for 3–4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked to taste.
Spicy tomato pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the oil to a non-stick frying pan and gently cook the garlic and chilli flakes (optional) for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and water to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften. Then add the spinach and black pepper. Stir for a further 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta and mix with the tomatoes and spinach. Serve immediately with the salmon.
Serving suggestion: Serve with steamed vegetables or salad.
Buy your first Fishbox today (medium or large box only) using code ‘WCRF17' at checkout and you’ll get a 15 per cent discount. Plus Fishbox will donate a further 20 per cent to us! To sign up, visit fishbox.co.uk.
Instead of salmon, try trout; both fish are rich in omega-3 fats. For a lower fat and calorie dish you could use white fish such as cod (cooking times may vary).