- 115g wholemeal flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 210ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 160g mixed berries
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Put the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl and use the back of a spoon to push it out to the edges to make a well in the middle.
- Crack the egg into the middle of the bowl and slowly add the milk, stirring the mixture together as you do it until it becomes a smooth liquid.
- Heat a small drop of oil in a frying pan on the hob and then spoon three tablespoons of pancake batter into the pan to make three small pancakes.
- Let the pancakes cook for about a minute until they are turning brown, flip them over using a fish slice and then cook them for about another minute.
- Use the fish slice to take the pancakes out of the pan and repeat with the rest of the mixture. Top with the mixed berries and serve.
Why not try rhubarb stewed in apple juice or banana and yoghurt as different toppings?