- 120g wholemeal pasta shapes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 200g can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 x 160g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 rounded tablespoon grated parmesan
- Basil leaves to garnish
- 30 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
- Meanwhile, measure the oil into a large saucepan, place on a medium heat and when hot add the onion and cook for around 5 minutes, stirring all the time. When the onion starts to brown add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes and mixed herbs. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer without a lid for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Add the sweetcorn and mix well.
- Just before serving, gently stir in the tuna, but don’t over-stir otherwise the chunks will break up too much and it won’t look so appetising.
- Serve in two warmed bowls with a sprinkle of grated parmesan and some torn basil leaves.
When using canned products, choose versions stored in water as these will contain less salt and sugar. If using a salted or sugared variety, make sure you drain and rinse the contents. This will wash off some of the added salt or sugar.
While the sauce is simmering, why not sign up to Savoo and raise vital cash for us as you shop?